If you have a particular game you want to bet on, it is likely that you will be able to find a marketplace interested in trading that particular game. Whether you bet on football, soccer, baseball, golf, horse racing or even snooker there will probably be a marketplace available where you can trade your desire for a particular outcome. Whether your desire is to win the latest hand of Texas Hold ’em, horse racing or the Indianapolis 500, you should be able to find someone who is willing to take your bet.
Even if your trading style is more towards basketball, snooker or horse racing, you should still be able to find someone interested in trading your desire for a outcome. After all, that is what the sporting markets are all about. Whether it is horse racing, soccer, football or tennis, you need to trade your desire for a certain outcome with someone who has the same desire.
However, make sure you remember that the trading styles of games are very different to the trading styles of markets.
- In fact, most people trade the trading markets because they are largely concerned with the technicalities of it. They tend to look at the odds in the markets and the speed of the market to determine whether they should enter the market or not. What you need to concentrate on is whether the odds on your chosen trading market are increasing or decreasing.
- If you remember this simple trading principle, you will much better understand why it is important to watch the odds during the course of the event. After all, it is easy to ske study the market, but much harder to predict the timing of the end result. If you are waiting for the odds to increase on a particular match, you need to make sure that you are watching the market and the odds.
- Many markets traders regard this aspect of trading as the most important. Successful traders look at the odds in the market and the market prices as the transmit by a market maker. By studying the in movement of the odds and their movements, the market trader can tell if the market is moving against him or not.
For example, the odds may have increased for a particular sport such as football, but football might not be a popular sport in the country.
- Consequently, the odds in the football market may have increased dramatically, but the chances of a football match to end in a particular way are low. In order to bet on the odds in movement, the market trader will have to second guess the odds at some point in time.
- In order to succeed in the football market, the trader will have to pay very close attention to the In movement of the odds, and make sure he gets the best price. This means that the odds are not fixed. The odds that are quoted are likely to be a reflection of the bets that people are prepared to match, rather than any sort of prediction of a fixed result.
- In order to succeed in the football market, the crucial moment to look out for is when money is being offered for punters to bet. In this situation, the odds are likely to be fixed in a different way. During this time, bookmakers are happy to offer more attractive odds in order to encourage more people to bet on their football selections. This is great for the trader, because he can back his bet at these odds if they think the bet will be successful.
- During the build up to a match to encourage more betting, bookmakers will often employ a tactic known as ‘Glitches’. Glitches are when they make small adjustments to the odds in a way that makes it harder for the punters to predict the outcome. For example, they might make it harder to predict the correct score, or make a goal number that is more likely.
- In the first instance, if you believe that a certain football team is more likely to win than another, then you probably will spot the value in betting on the team that is likely to win. If you back them, you stand to win money. However, if you back the other team, you might be backing the wrong team. What this means is that the odds in the market place the probability of your team winning at less than 50 percent.
However, football bets can be very lucrative, so it is important to back your team when you think that they will win. The best way to do this is to work out what percentage of the total market is bet on your preferred team.