- Where you should put your money is not just decided on by you – it’s also decided by your poker calculator. Knowing where you should put your money is often determined heavily by your poker calculator – everything it suggests you should put into your bankroll should be in alignment with your own personal goals and goals for the season as a whole.
- For example, a poker calculator suggesting you put more money into your starting bankroll rather than less will not take into account the fact that this might leave you with less money to play with in the middle part of the tournament. What it should take into account, however, is your own method of putting your money into your poker bankroll and whether you agree with the poker calculator’s suggestions or not.
- It’s worth reading that again – because the software you choose to use is going to affect your bottom line massively. Even if you don’t use PokerStove, you need to choose a poker calculator that gives you information that’s useful to you. That information might be as simple as tracking which games are moving quickly up (where you can be sure you have a higher ratio of making money than boring slow games) and choosing the best games to chase more of your money.
It’s also worth reading about what poker calculators can do for you.
You may find that you’re wondering which calculators are allowed in PokerPlaya (the big poker room) and what they can do for you, so you can use it. They can analyze pot odds, decide what cards to play, whether to chase draws, and a million other things. A poker calculator is often like having a second pair on the side of you.
So you’re wondering “What can a poker calculator do for me?” If you think about it, there are some amazing things you can do with a poker calculator. You can actually run multiple poker calculators at once on your computer, and they can talk to each other – something you can’t do with your bare hands. A single poker calculator can understand the game, making it easier for you to understand, and it can make decisions like fast calculating outs or fast calling outs. Most calculators are quite fast, but if you’re into advanced play you want tools that’ll spin around the screen as fast as humanly possible.
One of the biggest decisions about using a poker calculator is whether or not you want help changing gears. Many poker calculators are push-only, which means that when you hit a hand, it automatically calculates what you should do. For example, if you’re holding three hearts in your hand, and there’s an Ace along with another heart, you want your poker calculator to register that you have middle pair, since you’re more likely to have it than not.
On the other hand, if you don’t think you have much of a hand, you don’t want your poker calculator to automatically fold.
- If there are two cards of a straight on the board, for example, your poker calculator will automatically fold, since you don’t have a flush. It needs a bit of a manual, so either way if you want help with your poker calculator, invest in one that allows you to change gears.
- One other thing that you’ll need to think about when choosing a poker calculator is whether or not a majority of the bad hands appearing on the board. Most of the time, poker calculators only scan the board for hole cards, and they don’t see all of the possible combinations. If you’re getting bad cards, you can blame the poker calculator for not seeing it. But if the software is doing its job, it won’t be very helpful. You want as many fish as possible, not just a monster, so auto-detect is important.
- Some other important things to think about when choosing a poker calculator are how fast it acts, how good its indication is, how many different symbols it uses, how many different types of hands it marks, how many opponents it marks them with, whether main numbers or side numbers it shows, and whether flush or straight statistics are displayed.
All of those things are important to poker calculators, the game is all about those things. With increasing independence, poker calculators have been able to add to the game, giving players more information, assisting them more often in deciding how to play their hands, how to bet, and how to read their opponents.
oauth2- The username you choose is protected when you set it.